FedEx Purple Runway Pathway Program
Purple Runway – A FedEx Pathways Program is an innovative program designed to create a pipeline of highly trained and qualified pilots.
FedEx is working with feeder operators like Empire Airlines to recruit and retain pilots with the goal of ultimately qualifying for the FedEx trunk fleet.
Purple Runway guides feeder pilots through the necessary steps to becoming a FedEx pilot. For eligible candidates, the structured program builds your career by offering: college tuition assistance, advanced training, PIC time and mentoring.
After six months with the feeder airline and an associate degree, pilots are eligible to begin the program.
Your FedEx career starts here!
Program Eligibility & Requirements
- - Pilot must be employed at Empire Airlines at least 6 months prior to entering program
- - Ability to hold a 1st Class Medical | Stable employment history
- - 2-year degree (minimum) or 4-year degree (preferred) with a 2.5 or higher GPA from accredited college/university or AABI accredited aviation program
- - Pilot has not previously tested or interviewed with FedEx for a trunk position
- - Eligible to work in the U.S. and qualify for rapid Visa issuance
- - Sign program authorization and commitment paperwork
- - Successfully complete CogScreen/NEO test battery
Program Completion Requirements
- - Complete 4-year degree with a 2.5 or higher GPA from accredited program
- - Acceptable attendance, reliability and performance records
- - Complete initial evaluation and all recurrent evaluations
- - Complete minimum service and hour obligation to Empire Airlines: At least 36 months of active service and a minimum of 500 hours as PIC for multi-engine turbo prop aircraft
- - Attend the FedEx Experience Summit
- - Complete applicant profile on fedex.pilotcredentials.com
- - Maintain ability to hold 1st Class Medical
- - Acceptable training performance (No training or line check failures)
- - Complete the FedEx Pass Board Review
- - Successfully complete Jet Transition Course (JTC), administered no earlier than 2 years after enrollment date
- - Successfully complete Job Knowledge Test, administered no earlier than 2 years after enrollment date
- - Successfully pass the panel and situational-based interviews